1) Personal information, which includes personal information you supply when you subscribe, order, complete a survey, register for one of our sites, enter a contest or provide your email address and
2) Non-personal information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected by us as well as third parties.
At www.timeofkhyber.com.pk users’ data is collected for the following reasons.
- We try our best to keep our users’ data confidential through appropriate use of technology.
- We respect our users’ privacy.
- We use individual user details only when we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
- We are quite transparent with our users regarding their data; that is we let them know about we collect and use their data.
- We facilitate our users by making the data online; that is through internet they can access data on our site from any part of the world through internet.
- How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect our users’ information after they register and start using our website. We also collect information through cookies, sales promotions that users enter. Similarly, we also collect information through Apps that our users download.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER ABOUT YOU?
- Provide the Services You Request
- We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of the Times of Khyber Services and fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, polls, contests and message boards.
Customizing Your Experience
We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We also use this information to customize certain features of the Services to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using to access the Services, and in certain cases, provide you with requested services.
We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the Service to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or de-identified form.
Logging in using social networking credentials
As a user, if you log in to Times of Khyber through your Facebook account, you allow the Times of Khyber to access your user details which include your name, email address, date of birth and location. In this Times of Khyber forms an account of the user by taking details from the social media. If you remove the app from your Facebook settings, our access to this additional information will cease. Same is the case with Twitter too.
Use of children’s data: Times of Khyber does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 18.
How do we share data?
We do not use our users’ data for marketing purposes unless we have their permission. With our user’s permission, we share his/her information with third party.
- Cookies are used to find how many and how often our users visit our website.
- Cookies are used to collect anonymous user information.
- Statistical cookies generated through DMG and third party advertisers are used to track advertising impressions and conversions.
- Cookies are used to serve you with adverts that you might be more interested in and helps us gauge the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been.
- Flash cookies help in media player functionality. Without flash cookies, some video content may not work.
Without cookies, as a user, you might not be able to use all our services on the website
About our advertising
As far as advertisement is concerned on our website, we focus on targeted advertising in which we try to entertain our users with those advertisements which are according to their interests. As our users browse timesofkhyber.com.pk, some of the cookies we place on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages our users are interested in. This information which we collect about behavior on your computer enables us to group it with other computers that show similar behavior. We can then display advertising to your computer, which is based on these interests. For instance if you have been reading a lot about fashion we may decide to show you more adverts of fashion.
Timesofkhyber.com.pk contains contextual affiliate links from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are neither influenced by advertisers nor are they written for the promotion of their products except when clearly branded as a ‘sponsored feature’ or ‘advertisement feature’ or ‘sponsor’s content’.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of data protection please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding DMG use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address.